Tuesday, January 30, 2007

11: Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Oh, My Girl


People who like this band, also listen to this band...and if you like that band, then you'll really like this band...and if you really like that band, then you'll love this band...and if you love that band, then you'll totally dig this band...and if you totally dig that band, then you absolutely must listen to this band...

...and that's how I found Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter. It's really not coincidence because as my list has shown I really dig mellow music of all kind...but I definitely dig mellow music by women with great voices, and Jesse Sykes fits that description perfectly. Her voice is husky melodic and I really like how her songs are guitar driven yet have a slow dreamy quality to them at the same time.

I'm eagerly anticipating her new album, which comes out in a week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home