Saturday, January 27, 2007

14: Cat Power - The Greatest


I was surprised to discover once I initially listened to this album that it was not the greatest. There was so much anticipation and desire to hear it that I felt let down a bit. Perhaps I've come to expect so much greatness from this chanteuse that she's almost evolved into mythical status among fans, especially after her last record, which is definitely one of the top ten albums for this decade. But it's easy not be discouraged for very long when it comes to Chan Marshall. Her voice is such silky perfection that you discover there will always be a moment when you want her songs to fill the air around you. I am consummate fan of this artist who seems to have her head in the clouds, but never dumbs it down, and I have this feeling that she will forever weave her way into our soul.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home