Sunday, February 08, 2015

Memories #3

St. Vincent - St. Vincent

St. Vincent, aka Annie Clark, has been with us for a long time now. I remember hearing about how she was a back-up singer for the Polyphonic Spree and Sufjan Stevens, who at the time was gaining notoriety with his album Illinois. Every time I heard the song Chicago, I imagined Clark singing her heart out. Eventually she stepped out of the shadows and started making her own music. A couple of albums later we eventually come to the point in time when the masses have joined hands in tremendous celebration of her art. This, her eponymous fourth album has been on virtually every top list that I've read for 2014. I could easily have put her album on the top of my list, as well, because she is simply amazing. Clark has far surpassed both of those acts that she gave support to in the distant past. The future is St. Vincent and if you harbor any doubt regarding that truth, go listen to her rip that guitar to shreds before she serenades you with her sweet jar of syrup.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home