Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Memories #4

Blood Orange - Cupid Deluxe

When I was younger, I hated to dance. Especially when we were forced to do it in some nefarious planned class assignment. And going to the school dances in Junior High or High School? Forget about it! But let's face it, dancing can be a lot of fun, as long as you don't worry about how other people are looking at you. Good advice for just about every aspect of our lives, really. Well, even though I don't dance all the time, I have to admit that I really do enjoy it when I allow myself to be free of all constraints. It usually happens during a concert, when the music just overwhelms all other motor control skills and my heart jumps right out of my chest. The last time I felt that way was when we experienced the CocoRosie show at the Belly Up. The energy in that room absolutely buoyed my spirits. Though, when I think about dancing, I have to go back to the time I went to Street Scene, which was a big music festival here in San Diego. We experienced the show of Ghostland Observatory, these two crazy guys from Texas. Oh man, the beats and lights and all out joy that filled the sky that night was incredible. I literally jumped out of my skin that night. I didn't know what I was doing, beyond feeling the music right through me, and I didn't have a care in the world. It was one of the few times in my life where I was absolutely free. Thank you, Blood Orange, for making me feel like dancing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home