Sunday, February 11, 2007

2: Margot & the Nuclear So and So's - The Dust of Retreat


The band of misfits and wandering souls have mesmerized us with their strange orchestra. Margot & the Nuclear So and So's have begun their jaunt into the world of atmosphere and dreams, across the landscape of calamity. When I was little we were bombarded with visions of a destructive world that we can't escape and for some reason this band brings back that feeling but with almost a hint of euphoria following it like a shadow. They have a natural ability to find the tendril of pop that weaves its way into my soul. And the poetic laundry of words tumble about my brain and resonate with perfect clarity. I hope that we've discovered a magical journey of creative music that will travel through many years to come.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger spider rick said...

Firstofall, congratulations on completing your top 25 of 06. Quite a feat.

As for Margot & the Nuclear So & Sos, I was fortunate enough to join you and the missus for their show which was completely fantastic. Though I'd never heard their music before that night, their sounds were immediately engrossing and quite wonderful.

I look forward to exploring them more, as well as the other artists on your list.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home