Friday, February 17, 2006

Movie Round-up for 2005


These are the best movies I saw last year.

10. Maria Full of Grace: A look into the life of those we rely on but don't want to be reminded about.
9. Life and Debt: A devestatingly sad awareness regarding the policies of the World Bank and the IMF and how they affect the rest of the world (and of course how the U.S. benefits greatly from it).
8. Stage Beauty: A surprising find that was so complete that I found myself appreciating so many elements; a comedic costume drama based on real historic events, what more could you ask for?
7. Walk on Water: A humbling narration about the personal effects of violence and how it affects not only our our own lives but those generations that will follow.
6. El Bola: The portrayel of how the innocence of youth is constantly threatened by so many things.
5. Calle 54: What a cool little documentary that is all about music and where it comes from.
4. Rivers and Tides: Man do I want that his job! Nature transformed into beauty, now that's art!
3. Harold & Maude: I can't believe that I've never seen this movie before! The perfect allegory for the mess our leaders have made of the world; we must all live our life to the fullest, right now! Maude bless us.
2. Kung Fu Hustle: Pure, hilarious genius.
1. Hustle and Flow: I've never cared so much for people I could care less about ninety minutes ago.

Labels: