Saturday, August 20, 2016

Static on the Wadio - Episode 5

Every time I listen to "Replay" by the Visioneers, I think about the journey I've taken over the years with music. It's always had a strong affect on me and I can go back to certain songs at certain times in my life and still feel certain emotions that were a crucial expression of who I was at that moment. It can be a visceral experience that is enjoyable and strange and awkward and interesting. So, I've decided that, as part of this series, I'm going to use this song by the Visioneers to replay some of those times in my life, to capture an era, as it were.

Here's my first attempt.

SOTW - EP05
01. Visioneers - Replay (feat. Voice)
02. The Stranglers - Always the Sun
03. The Church - Under the Milky Way
04. 10,000 Maniacs - Don't Talk
05. R.E.M. - Fall On Me
06. O.M.D. - Secret
07. INXS - Original Sin
08. The Jesus & Mary Chain - April Skies
09. Echo & the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
10. New Order - True Faith
11. Figures On A Beach - No Stars
12. Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia
13. The Connells - Scotty's Lament
14. The Psychedelic Furs - Love My Way
15. Shriekback - Gunning for the Buddha
16. Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking
17. Icehouse - Crazy
18. XTC - Dear God
19. The Northern Pikes - Things I Do for Money
20. The Silencers - Painted Moon
21. The Call - I Don't Wanna 
22. Stan Ridgeway - Drive, She Said
23. Hoodoo Gurus - Out That Door
24. Guadalcanal Diary - Litany (Life Goes On)
25. The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues
26. The Clash - Straight To Hell
27. The Alarm - Spirit Of '76
28. The Replacements - Skyway

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home