Saturday, February 05, 2005

She tells me about her dream. She says:

“I dreamt about you last night. I dreamt we were broken up and I was seeing someone new, someone handsomer and richer like a movie star. But when I saw you again I could feel my heart ache. I told you that we should forget about why we separated, none of it matters, that we should get back together."

I like her dream. I have thought about the horror of losing her to someone better than me and it caused me pain, the kind of pain that she felt in her dream. I still think it's wonderful because of the deeper truth. No matter what happens in our lives we will always have that ache for one another. The seed was planted in our chest nine years ago when we looked in each other’s eyes. My entire life was bent on finding that ache, searching for the reflection of it within another. On that night we found it and held it and cherished it so that it may become the essence of our dreams.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home