Monday, November 03, 2003

I can’t imagine what it means to go hungry. I know I have whimpered when my belly grumbles, but it doesn’t take long for my bowl to fill up with kibble. Life must be incredibly hard when the focus of your day comes down to the question of what to put in your belly. And I’m not talking about your everyday ‘What’s for breakfast?’ type of focus. What I’m talking about is a gnawing emptiness that consumes all thought until the brain begins to shut down and any idea of reason has long ago gone out to lunch. How many people out there can really relate to that? It sounds like more and more every day

This is crazy! Thirty-one million Amerikans don’t know where their next meal is going to come from? I mean, how many people do we even have in this country? Three million people have lost their jobs in the last two years without even the slightest prospect of another? I may not be the smartest dog in the world (and I’m pretty damn smart!) but that sounds to me like quite a few votes lost for W.md. I wonder how all of those desperate people feel about their huge tax break now? I bet if they had known that they were going to get a severance check along with their tax cut they would have thought twice before voting for that guy who has never succeeded in life.

Let’s think about that for a second. Here’s a man who has been a colossal failure at everything he has ever tried to do in life. He runs for president and sort of wins, but not really. And now he has proceeded to be the worst president this country has ever known. Now, I know that we’ve only been around for a couple of hundred years and we’re only learning about what it means to be a country but it doesn’t get any clearer than this! He’s never succeeded in his life! What could we expect out of someone with that track record? I think you get the picture.

I just wish that I could have some leftovers. It sure as hell tastes better than kibble. And apparently I’m not the only one looking up at the edge of the table where all the big folks eat waiting for a scrap to magically fall my way. Maybe chance will play a favorable hand to all those disillusioned souls out there who need a helping hand. I mean, there’s always hope. Perhaps our “great” leaders will see what has become of this “great” nation and once again step forward and truly become leaders for the people, by the people and of the people. If they don’t I promise you that I will bare my teeth and it won’t be because I’m hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home